Website and features
The data.fao.org website, currently under development, brings together statistics, maps, pictures, and documents on food and agriculture from throughout the FAO organization in one convenient location. This means that instead of searching multiple sites and sources, you will be able to go to one central place in order to collect or view the data that interests you. To assist in data retrieval, the site provides an efficient search engine as well as easy-to-use navigation menus. Additionally, data.fao.org includes the following features:
- Data download - download and save data in different formats for use with your software of choice.
- Data embedding - Embed data directly into your own website.
- Data views - Data is presented in different views, for example, by location or by tag. Allows for improved data comprehension and interpretation.
- Metadata - Provides an understanding of the context of the data and the metadata, also known as data about data. This includes information such as methods of collection, quality and compliance with norms and standards.
- Up-to-date data - Data on the website is always current. This is due to the fact that it comes directly from the source.
Author: Lorrie Barber